Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

“Break On Through [to the other side]”

Your writer and electronics are a perfect mismatch.

If I was to put up a list of electronic things that I have broken in the past, it would be (beyond any doubt) a really long one. I could write a book about the countless amount of ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ that enduringly chase electronic products I happen to own.

Ipods, laptops… the screen of the camera I currently use was broken 5 days after having purchased it. It happened during the second day of the trip to Bhutan, so was bound to come up with a ‘DIY solution’. I was so happy then, that when the incident occured it was hard to complain and really care about it; plus by the end of the surgical procedure it was the coolest camera of all! With its hand-paper-made viewfinder!

ICAM0008

The camera is still broken because, after the many dysfunctional relationships, I have no plan of buying any electronic thing, unless I really feel like I can ‘love it’ and take appropriate care of it. Which will probably not happen any time soon; it is just so hard to love a thing, you know… It is a thing after all.

One of my favorite stories though, is that time when my mobile phone decided to ‘take a bath’ in the washing machine. Of course, by the time I had realized that, it was already too late and had drowned in a washing soap/ softener/water mix… At least it was clean and smelled really good.

This ‘demolisher’ characteristic of my self does not limit to electronic things unfortunately; and so I have had people telling me: “You are like a stomach”. You know, because the stomach breaks things down and turns them into… crap, basically.

You might be thinking by now, where exactly is all this nonsense introduction leading to?

I bored you with all that previous rambling because, after all the past demolition experiences, it is the first time in my life when I can actually get points for it!

Huh?

Yes. For one of the lectures of the Artistic Direction and Design course, we were asked to sort of alter a magazine ad in whatever way we wanted to. And, as I had fun while doing it, I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you dear readers.

The results of impersonating Shiva (the Destroyer, Transformer) for a while were the following:

Untitled

  Try not to break anything today dear readers, and: HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!

Peace out
Your writer,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment