Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

(HAPPY) Antigua

“I am guessing that when you were a kid, dear reader, you had to answer the question “what do you want to be when you grow up?” more than once…” 

An old post started like this (“Don’t Burn it Down!!”); though I reckon you probably cannot remember (…that is, if you ever read it at all). 

I did happen to remember it, because I ran into something quite funny a few days ago: 



It seems that theDon’t Burn it Down!!” childhood-Orca-drawing-attempt was not that far from matching the original ones!

So, my dear readers, as I have been saying for the past couple of posts: This is one of the last times I will be writing this Follow mE blog (it is the second to last post I will write to be more concrete!).

But before saying our farewells, I thought of giving you a long-distance visit to a nice and beautiful place here in Guatemala. If I would ever live in this country for good, I would definitely chose this location as a place ‘to call home’, at least for a few years. 

Due to the fact that I am out of brain cells for writing today… and due to the fact that tourists seem to almost always give positive comments, and fresh views, on the sites that they visit… 

-Open parenthesis-
(the following comment makes out a perfect example: 


Lucky her for being able to write the first two sentences)
-Close parenthesis-


I decided that this post would be written by outsiders! By those one who have visited the place and that have left some written comments along the way.

Ladies and Gentleman: Many bloggers are about to present you the city that, instead of succumbing or kneeling before a series of harsh earthquakes that shaked it throughout its extended existance, chose to explode with colors, life and uniqueness: Antigua Guatemala Antigua (Happy? Happy!)


 








I took (I "tried" taking) some pictures from Antigua this weekend, but apparently this Blogger thing does not allow me to add a web album over here for some reason. I've been trying for enough time to annoy someone at a 1,000% level, but it still does not work! SO. I placed them in a video, which makes them look shitty (or I reckon that "more shitty" for those that like photography; as I am 'training' myself with using the manual camera mode), but whatever... it is something!

 

I hope you liked the post my dear readers, and that hopefully you can come and visit Antigua one of these days (if you so desire, of course). It looks and feels much better in person!

Thanks for visiting the blog (thanks for those who wrote the nice comments I used for this 'article') and, 
'till the next (and last) post! 

PEACE OUT
Your writer,

Maria 

















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment