Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2012

'Adventures in Solitude'


Mission no. 1: Succesfully accomplished!

A 34 hour train trip crossing “the world’s largest democracy” = DONE

It was kind of funny, because I took the train with the aim of looking out at India’s “views”. Then, first thing I notice when I get up in the train and find my seat is the scratched, old, blurry window… Haha!

I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry.

Of course I had to laugh… what else can you do? That’s just ‘India’s way’ of messing up with you!

Despite this, it was a nice trip. Half the way I shared the cabin with a couple of Indian grandparents who were travelling from Pune with 3 big boxes of wedding invitations, because their son is about to get married; and a tennis player who was on his way to a tournament. The other half I pretty much had the cabin all for myself, except for the last couple of hours.

The train was delayed for 1 and ½ hours, which was good because I arrived at 5:30am when the sun was starting to come out, rather than right in the middle of the night; which I was a bit not so comfortable with.

Everything went quite good. I’m just exhausted, because I slept 4 hours; and completely dirty (…and I think stinky!) because I haven’t taken a shower yet… 

Don’t judge me, I’ve been preparing a surprise for you that’s the reason (…to spoil my readers). I had to finish 'it' before taking a shower; otherwise I would have slept until early tomorrow!

SO- here you go (put your speakers on) and ENJOY a 34 hour trip summarized in 6 minutes and with ‘Bollywood’ background music! What else do you want?



Hope you like/d it! Now ME GOTTA GO! Tomorrow is the big day – flying to the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon!

…still can’t believe it J

Take care dear readers.

PEACE
Your writer,   
Maria  


1 comment:

  1. Pround of you, Maria! Looking forward to see you again. :D

    Grts, Jack

    ReplyDelete