Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Green Cinematographic Therapy


Who says that the United States landed the “first man on the moon”?

  
Nice, or not so nice?

Thanks to this ‘ancient’ movie I got introduced to another more recent one: “Hugo”. You have maybe, probably, heard about it already. 

I liked the film, but what I enjoyed the most was its message:

“…I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need.  

So I figured: If the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too…”   

Now you know that, then, you are not a spare part..

Hello this time my dear readers!

The last post was more of a flashback, and so I never really got the chance to say: “Welcome to Guatemala!” 

So – ¡Bienvenidos a Guatemala! – .  

It has been some pretty busy days lately. Merely two weeks and a half of being here, but it feels like three months already!  And, well, to summarize my busyness I came up with the weird title for this post: 
“Green” and “Cinematographic” and “Therapy”. 

WHAT?

The internship has already started; maybe the “Green” gives you some sort of a clue of what it is all about. 

Just like the last internship in India, ‘your writer’ decided to do the work placement again in an environmental NGO.

WHY? I don’t know. Apparently it is the only thing that really moves me. 

With the odd weather shown worldwide in the past few months…

 
(I know... I have no idea why I still keep the Pune, India weather in my desktop!)  

…and with my country being Mined to death, I cannot think of anything else I could do with my time and energy at the moment.

There is nothing worse (at least for me) than a world with no sharks, no jaguars, no antelopes, no weird insects, no poisonous snakes, no leopards… a world just full of humans! That’s a punishment. I myself cannot stand here and see that happening.

So, yesterday I visited the park that will be the focus of my graduation project. It is quite a big challenge, I must say.
I will touch further on the subject later in the blog, because this is an EXPRESS POST! But I did take a few pictures of a snake that was posing, just for you; a few turtles and a nice view of one of our most contaminated lakes: Lago Amatitlan (still looks pretty though!).


Apart from the internship, ‘your writer’ decided to begin with something ‘she’ wanted to do since a long time ago. 

Five and a half years ago, me, with 17 years of age left home to go to Barcelona wanting to study Audiovisual Communication or Advertising. My exam score was 1 point away from getting into Audiovisual Communication and 0.3 from Advertising; so I sort of accidentally landed into Journalism! 

And because Journalism and I did not match quite well, I sort of, kind of, swam into International Marketing at Fontys

Although I do not regret Marketing at all (I actually do like it), there is so much inside still to be expressed that has now lead me to dive into “Filmmaking” or “Film Production”; however you want to call it! To compensate for the never achieved Audiovisual Communication degree.

It is an “intensive degree”, so you save a lot of time. Hopefully in a few years I’ll be able to do something related to documentaries which is what I find most interesting!

And so: From Statistics, Customer Relationship Management and B2B Marketing to Script Writing, Photography, Production and so on!  El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, France and Guatemala make up my new classmates. It is quite a change, but I love it! 


Green Cinematographic THERAPY! Yes. Last, but not least another thing that currently swallows ‘your writer’s’ clock from time to time is the “Therapy” part.

I have mentioned in past posts that my leg has been in some sort of ‘strike’ for the past, not months… but year, actually! Not allowing 'your writer' to 'ride' horses (Horse 'overdose' week).

If the injury was a dog I could say that: It chased me all through the minor abroad in Sevilla ("Don't Burn it Down!!"); where I did have muscle problems according to the doctor. It bit my ‘behind’ all through summer in The Netherlands (Alligator Agitator) where I could barely walk. And it really sank its teeth during the last semester at Fontys (Stroke Latinoamericano); where despite my complaints, and after taking a look at my “Human Copy Machine” (AKA “MRI”) results, the doctor said I had absolutely nothing in the leg (which, I confess, made me almost want to cry!).

Now, magically, the same MRI results showed my real injury and ‘your writer’s’ leg is finally being repaired: 15 minutes inside of water with ice! KT tapes, electro shocks and laser. Sooner than you expect I will have super powers!ELECTRASERICETAPE-WMAN will be my name!


Ok my dear readers, this is the "juggling" 'your writer' is currently dealing with. I finalize the blog writing for today. It is time to sleep in this side of the world. I had to write this pretty fast, but hopefully you enjoyed or maybe learned something (that the United States did not really send the first man to the moon, for example!).
Thank you, once again, for reading and ‘till next week!    
PEACE OUT 
Your writer,   
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment